Edelman is looking for a new colleague who wants to be part of an extraordinary adventure within an independent and family-run company, which has a close-knit corporate culture and is leading in its sector. The ideal candidate we would like to welcome is a quick learner with experience in corporate communications and media relations, with excellent research, communication and writing skills. She/He enjoys working in a dynamic and multicultural environment and being in contact with international and world-renowned companies in various sectors of activity (including technology, finance, mobility, health...).
Are you a true public relations fan? Does the Belgian – and Luxembourgish – media and political landscape have no secrets for you? Are you at least trilingual (English, French and Dutch), both written and oral? Then feel free to contact us. You will have the opportunity to develop and gain experience together with communication experts in a growing team.
Edelman is the world’s largest independent global communications firm present in 18 markets across Europe, Middle East & Africa, with over 65 offices and more than 5,000 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 35 cities.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following: The responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- Building strong relationships with (y)our client, guiding them with strategic advice, being a trusted advisor as well as leading and managing projects in various sectors;
- Contributing to research and analysis of various issues, planning and development of communications strategies and implementation of impactful activities;
- Drafting press releases, briefings, reports, updates and other communication materials;
- Media and/or political monitoring on issues of interest
- Assisting with the development of proposals, from the creative ideas to the conceptualization and the action plan;
- You think out of the box and you are not shy to raise your brilliant ideas to make (y)our clients shine and grow beyond their expectations;
- You are an enthusiastic team player who values a fantastic working atmosphere.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Degree in political science, communications, international relations, law or other relevant fields;
- Trilingual – English, French and Dutch (oral and written) – with at least a native (or near-native) level of two languages;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a similar function;
- Good knowledge of Belgian media and political landscape;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – a positive approach with a self-learning attitude and ability to show team spirit;
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive (don’t be shy to share your ideas);
- Ability to work on multiple assignments (multi-tasking is part of the consultant’s life).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
- comfortable office and central location & all necessary technological set-up for working flexibly
Starting date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com