Edelman Brussels is looking for a talented Public Affairs professional with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients and help us develop new business opportunities. We are looking for someone with interest and experience in EU policy, with an account management background, excellent communication and writing skills and an eye for detail. The clients are demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker and thrive in a dynamic environment.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed upon. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A focus on EU policy, strategy, engagement and communication programmes for clients, including but not limited to industrials, energy, sustainability, as well as related specific issues;
- Serving as the day-to-day contact with clients, identifying and flagging policy challenges and opportunities and providing related strategic advice;
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of materials for meetings, events or other clients/stakeholders/media engagement activities;
- Providing day-to-day support, both agency and client-side, including regular conference calls and clear, concise public affairs briefings for planning roll-outs;
- Liaising with regional and global Edelman teams and managing the roll-outs of all plans and assets;
- Campaign and event planning, logistics and management;
- Day-to-day support to junior team members;
- Identifying policy and market trends and pitching new business opportunities; and
- Budget management understanding across projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required;
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, law or other relevant fields;
- A thorough understanding of EU decision making processes and its stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical and written skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a positive approach with a self-learning attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field;
- Experience in working with the media (strategy, outreach, coordination) and/or a good understanding of the media landscape would be an asset;
- Ability to work effectively in a varied environment and within small dynamic teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and additional skills are a plus.
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape.
What we offer:
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
- comfortable office and central location in a hybrid working model
How to apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter of no more than 250 words to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. The recruitment will happen on a rolling basis. The subject line of your application needs to be: “Application Edelman: FIRST & LAST NAME”.
As soon as possible