Edelman Brussels is looking for a trainee to start ASAP. The ideal candidate is a quick learner with experience in EU affairs and policy work, with excellent research, communication, and writing skills, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment. The trainee will have an opportunity to develop and gain experience in public affairs work as part of a multi-cultural, motivated, and growing team.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement. The responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- Implementing public affairs and media strategies (e.g., developing materials, conducting outreach, follow-up and tracking activities);
- Contributing to research and analysis of various policy issues, legislation, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other materials;
- Conducting policy and media monitoring on issues of interest;
- Conducting mapping of stakeholders and outreach activities;
- Supporting with other communications activities, as needed;
- Assisting with daily tasks on various client accounts, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, law or other relevant field;
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required, fluency in German and/or other EU languages would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of EU policies and decision-making processes, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the institutions, private sector or other EU-related environment;
- Strong research, analytical and written skills with an eye for detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – a positive approach with a self-learning attitude and ability to show team spirit;
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive;
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments across different focus areas e.g. sustainability;
- Experience working with the media and/or a good understanding of the media landscape in Brussels and the EU would be an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated and growing team. We offer a paid position for a period of 6 months, with a possibility of contract extension subject to performance. Luncheon vouchers and reimbursement of public transport expenses are included in the offer.
Edelman is the world’s largest independent global communications marketing firm, present in 18 markets across Europe, Middle East & Africa, and with over 65 offices and more than 5,000 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 35 cities. At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table.