Edelman Brussels is looking for a talented public affairs professional with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations, and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients and help us develop new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone with interest and experience in, but not limited to, health policy, preferably its digital and data aspects (familiarity with the medical technology industry is an advantage). The candidate needs to have solid project management experience (ideally gained from prior experience working in an agency), excellent communication and writing skills and an eye for detail. The clients are demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
The precise nature of the topics and activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed (candidate’s flexibility is expected). However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A focus on general EU policy, strategy, engagement, and communication programmes for clients, including but not limited to health and wellbeing, as well as related specific issues;
- Managing day-to-day activities of accounts – including contact with clients, timelines, deliverables, event planning, logistics, budgets and admin – with limited supervision;
- Contributing to research and analysis on various policy issues, identifying policy and market trends, reporting of relevant developments, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other forms of communication;
- Liaising with regional and global Edelman teams and managing the roll-outs of all plans and assets;
- Engagement in identification, development, and pitching of new business opportunities.
Qualifications and requirements:
Very good knowledge of EU decision making processes and its stakeholders (ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the EU institutions, private sector, not-for-profit organizations, and/or other EU-related environments) – specific to health & wellbeing is a plus;
Solid track record of project management skills and client-centric approach, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy;
Familiarity with main EU funding programmes (Horizon Europe, EU4Health, Recovery & Resilience Facility, etc.);
Understanding of digital health policy e.g. impact of main digital legislative files (GDPR, AI, Cybersecurity, Software standardization, Data Spaces) on healthcare is an advantage;
Experience with or knowledge of the digital health industry (both medical technology and pharmaceutical) is an advantage;
Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required (ability to deliver high-quality content without the need for revision);
Ability and readiness to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field;
Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape.
What we offer:
You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated, and growing team.
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- comfortable office and central location & all necessary technological set-up for working online in the condition of home-office
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
- Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. The recruitment will happen on a rolling basis.
- The subject line of your application needs to be: “Application Edelman: FIRST & LAST NAME”