Edelman Brussels is looking for a talented public affairs professional with minimum of 5-10 years of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients, help us develop new business opportunities and provide guidance to junior team members. We are looking for someone with interest and experience in health and pharmaceutical policy, with an account management background, excellent communication and writing skills and an eye for detail. The clients can be demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker and thrive in a dynamic environment.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- Supporting clients on EU public affairs strategies and engagement programmes, including but not limited to health, as well as related specific issues;
- Serving as strategic partner to our clients, identifying and flagging policy challenges and opportunities and providing related advice;
- Overseeing research and analysis on various policy issues, reporting of relevant developments, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other forms of communication;
- Guiding the team when it comes to the organisation and preparation of materials for meetings, events or other clients/stakeholders/media engagement activities;
- Providing day-to-day support, both agency and client-side, including regular conference calls and clear, concise public affairs briefings for planning roll-outs;
- Training and mentoring of more junior team members;
- Liaising with regional and global Edelman teams and managing the roll-outs of all plans and assets;
- Campaign and event creation and planning;
- Identifying policy and market trends and pitching new business opportunities;
- Budget management inclusive of all owned projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required;
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, health and pharmaceutical policy, law or other relevant field;
- Very good knowledge of EU decision making processes and its stakeholders, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the EU institutions, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or other EU-related environment – specific to health and pharmaceuticals is a plus;
- Excellent analytical and written skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a positive approach with a self-learning attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field;
- Ability to work effectively in a varied environment and within dynamic teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), additional skills are a plus.
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape.
WHAT WE OFFER
You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated, and growing team. We offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
Starting date: September 2021 or ASAP
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org