Edelman is looking for a talented public affairs professional with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients and help us develop new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone with interest and experience in sustainability and climate policies. The candidate needs to have solid project management experience (ideally gained from prior experience working in an agency), excellent communication and writing skills and an eye for detail. The clients are demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker and thrive in a dynamic environment.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A focus on EU policy, strategy, engagement and communication programmes for clients, including but not limited to sustainability, climate policy, transport and industrial policy, as well as related specific issues.
- Managing day-to-day activities of accounts – including timelines, deliverables and admin – with limited supervision;
- Serving as the day-to-day contact with clients, identifying and flagging policy challenges and opportunities and providing related strategic advice;
- Contributing to research and analysis on various policy issues, reporting of relevant developments, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other forms of communication;
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of materials for meetings, events or other client/stakeholders/media engagement activities;
- Providing day-to-day support, both agency and client-side, including regular calls and clear, concise public affairs briefings for planning roll-outs;
- Liaising with regional and global Edelman teams and managing the roll-outs of all plans and assets;
- Campaign and event planning, logistics and management;
- Day-to-day management of junior team members;
- Identifying policy and market trends and pitching new business opportunities;
- Budget management inclusive of all owned projects.
Qualifications and requirements
- Experience and/or good understanding of (but not limited to) sustainability and climate policy e.g. plastics, Fit for package, etc;
- Very good knowledge of EU decision making processes and its stakeholders, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the EU institutions, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or other EU-related environment – specific to sustainability and climate is a plus;
- Experience in working with the media (strategy, outreach, coordination) and/or a good understanding of the media landscape and the social media would be an asset;
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required (ability to deliver a high-quality content without need for revision is required);
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, sustainability or other relevant field;
- Excellent analytical and written skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a positive approach with a self-learning attitude;
- Solid project management skills and client-centric approach, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy;
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field;
- Ability to work effectively in a varied environment and within small dynamic teams; What we offer: You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated, and growing team.
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- comfortable office and central location & all necessary technological set-up for working online in the condition of home-office
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter of no more than 250 words to email@example.com ASAP. The recruitment will happen on a rolling basis. The subject line of your application needs to be: “Application Edelman: FIRST & LAST NAME” The motivation letter needs to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Edelman?
- How can you contribute to client needs in the field of sustainability?
Please, kindly note that applications not tailored to those questions and subject line will not be considered.