Edelman Brussels is looking for a talented public affairs professional with experience in the food and nutrition sector with 3 years or more of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients and help us develop new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone with interest and experience in EU policy, with an account management background, excellent communication and writing skills and an eye for detail. The clients are demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker and thrive in a dynamic environment. We are a team of collaborative professionals who enjoy answering complex questions and looking at the world through a lens of curiosity. We know the policy, we drive trust, and we strive for excellence in our work. If this resonates with you, apply to be our next Public Affairs Senior Account Executive.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed upon. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A focus on general EU policy, strategy, engagement and communication programmes for clients, including but not limited to food and nutrition, consumer policy, sustainability and packaging;
- Serving as the day-to-day contact with clients, identifying and flagging policy challenges and opportunities and providing related strategic advice;
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of materials for meetings, events or other clients/stakeholders/media engagement activities;
- Providing day-to-day support, both agency and client-side, including regular conference calls and clear, concise public affairs briefings for planning roll-outs;
- Liaising with European and global Edelman teams and managing the roll-outs of different client workstreams;
- EU policy and media monitoring across different accounts and being able to identify and articulate the impact of legislation for clients.
- Contributing to research and analysis on various policy issues, identifying policy and market trends, reporting relevant developments, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other forms of communication;
- Day-to-day support to junior team members;
- Understanding budget management across projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required;
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, law or other relevant fields;
- A thorough understanding of EU decision-making processes and its stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical and written skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a positive approach with a self-learning attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field;
- Experience in working with the media (strategy, outreach, coordination) to support public affairs goals and objectives, and/or a good understanding of the media landscape would be nice to have;
- Ability to work effectively in a varied environment and within small dynamic teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and additional IT skills are a plus.
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape relevant for public affairs.
What we offer:
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship, training
- a support system for your professional growth and career advancement
- competitive salary and benefits
- hybrid working environment
- 30 days every year to work from anywhere in the world
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter of up to 500 words to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 2. The subject line of your application should be: “SAE Application Edelman: FIRST & LAST NAME”.
Our selection process will be conducted on a rolling basis. While we will try to respond to all applications, if you’ve not heard from us within four weeks from submitting your application, your application might not have progressed further in the selection process.