*** This position is no longer available***
Edelman Brussels is looking for a skilled public affair professional with minimum of 8-12 years of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients, help us develop new business opportunities and provide guidance to junior team members. We are looking for an experienced professional with deep expertise and established networks in the health and pharmaceutical sectors, with the ability to develop strategies to shape policy at global, EU and local level.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- Supporting clients in crafting public affairs strategies
- Serving as a strategic partner to our clients, identifying and flagging policy challenges and opportunities and providing related advice
- Managing a growing portfolio of healthcare clients, developing and nurturing strong and trusted relationships with existing and new clients
- Supporting and leading business development efforts, by successfully converting opportunities into new clients, creating an active pipeline of leads, and growing existing accounts
- Coaching, supporting, and managing a growing team of public affairs professionals to further strengthen the team and the value provided to clients
- Developing and implementing new ideas and approaches in order to further position the team in Brussels as well as at a global level and deliver integrated services involving other offices across the Edelman network.
Qualifications and requirements
- Demonstrable experience in the health and pharmaceutical policy space
- Outstanding ability to deliver strategic counsel on complex policy issues and to develop integrated public affairs strategies to shape health policy at global, EU and local level
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to create and offer new services to clients
- A track record in developing and maintaining trusted relationships with a network of relevant contacts
- Experience in the coaching and management of team members
- 8-12 years of working experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written).
- Excellent analytical and written skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments within small dynamic teams.
- Solid project management skills and client-centric approach, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy.
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the field of healthcare and wellbeing.
What we offer
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
- comfortable office and central location & all necessary technological set-up for working flexibly
- the opportunity to bring your ideas and leadership to shape the strategic direction of the team
- involvement in interesting accounts and fascinating policy issues
HOW TO APPLY
As soon as possible