Edelman Brussels is looking for a talented public affairs professional with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in agency, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or in an EU institution, to work across our exciting clients and help us develop new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone with interest and experience in, but not limited to, health policy, preferably its digital and data aspects (familiarity with the medical technology industry is an advantage). The candidate needs to have solid project management experience, excellent communication and writing skills and an eye for detail. The clients are demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker and thrive in a dynamic environment.
The precise nature of the topics and activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed (the candidate’s flexibility is expected). However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A focus on EU policy, engagement and communication programmes for clients, including but not limited to healthcare, as well as related specific issues;
- Supporting as the day-to-day contact with clients, identifying and flagging policy challenges and opportunities and providing related strategic advice;
- Contributing to research and analysis on various policy issues, identifying policy and market trends, reporting of relevant developments, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other forms of communication;
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of materials for meetings, events or other clients/stakeholders/media engagement activities;
- Providing day-to-day support, both agency and client-side, including regular conference calls and clear, concise public affairs briefings for planning roll-outs;
- Supporting campaign and event planning, logistics and management.
Qualifications and requirements
- Very good knowledge of EU decision-making processes and its stakeholders (ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the EU institutions, private sector, not-for-profit organizations and/or other EU-related environments) – specific to health & wellbeing is a plus;
- Solid track record of project management skills and client-centric approach, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy;
- Familiarity with main EU funding programmes (Horizon Europe, EU4Health, Recovery & Resilience Facility etc.);
- Understanding of digital health policy e.g. impact of main digital legislative files (GDPR, AI, Cybersecurity, Software standardization, Data Spaces) on healthcare;
- Experience with or knowledge of the digital health industry (both medical technology and pharmaceutical);
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required;
- Ability and readiness to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field;
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape.
What we offer
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
- comfortable office and central location in a hybrid working model
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter of no more than 250 words to kalina.bozhkova@edelmanEGA.com. The recruitment will happen on a rolling basis. The subject line of your application needs to be: “Application Edelman: FIRST & LAST NAME”. Starting date: ASAP