Edelman Brussels is looking for a talented public affairs professional with minimum of 6-8 years of agency experience to lead the sustainability team, work across our exciting clients and help us develop new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone with strong knowledge of existing sustainability frameworks, deep experience in the EU decision making process, account management and an eye for detail. The clients are demanding, and our work is fast-paced – you will need to be a quick thinker, a strong multi-tasker and thrive in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be a fluent English speaker and writer with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Assistance and oversight of daily tasks of the team on various client accounts as required
- Project management and day-to-day support, both agency and client-side
- Developing & implementing PA & lobbying strategies and outreach plans
- Day-to-day account management of junior team members
- Identifying and pitching new business opportunities
- Budget management inclusive of all owned projects
- A focus on policy, media and/or social media for clients, including but not limited to sustainability, energy and climate, as well as related specific issues
Qualifications and requirements:
- Very good knowledge of EU decision-making processes, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the EU institutions, private sector, or other EU-related environments
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, law, or other relevant fields
- Excellent analytical and written skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a positive approach with a “can-do” and self-learning attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments
- Ability to work effectively in a varied environment and within small dynamic teams
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape
- Knowledge of policy areas in relation to, amongst others, shipping, energy efficiency, aviation, and the circular economy would be an asset. What we offer: You can expect to be part of a dynamic, motivated, and growing team.
- a full-time position
- mentorship and training
- competitive salary and benefits
- hybrid working environment with a comfortable office and central location
- access to the global Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
At Edelman, we believe that diversity of all types - gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more - enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see Edelman as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table.
Starting date: ASAP Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com